Cobb Salad :
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce (or a combination of Romain and Green Leaf or Iceberg Lettuce), washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked and sliced (or diced) chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup croutons
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 c red wine vinaigrette or dressing of your choice
- For the hard-boiled eggs, place eggs in a saucepan and fill to cover by 1” with cold water.
Do not overcrowd the pan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and allow to sit, covered, for 13-15 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your yolks.
Have ready a medium-sized mixing bowl filled with ice water.
Transfer eggs to the ice bath and allow to cool completely, 15-20 minutes.
- Peel the eggs, quarter or chop, and set aside until ready to use.
- For the bacon, have ready a plate lined with a paper towel.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, fry bacon for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and crispy.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the plate and set aside.
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl, top with chicken, eggs, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, croutons, and blue cheese.
Toss with dressing or serve on the side.