Looks delicious ! OLD FASHIONED BEEF STEW :
- 1 kg Braising beef
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 50 cl Red wine
- 20 g Butter
- 1Beef bouillon cube
- 1.5 tsp. tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp. Soup Tomato concentrate
- 1 tsp. Soup Cream
- 1Bouquet Garni
- Cut the beef into pieces. Peel the onion and chop it. Peel the carrots and cut theem into rings. Clean the mushrooms and slice them. Cut the tomato into pieces. Mix the bouillon cube with 50 cl of water.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter. Brown the beef pieces. Add the onions, mushrooms and carrots. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato and the tomato puree, mix. Pour the maple syrup, mix. Moisten with red wine and broth, add the bouquet garni. Mix well.
- Let the sauce reduce for a feew minutes. Add the crème fraîche and mix. Serve hot.