Juicy and savory seasoned Garlic Steak and Potato Foil Packs are simply the most perfect baked or grilled hearty, healthy meal, and done in just 30 minutes!
If foil packs are on your mind, you’ll have to try these other delicious foil packs like Steak Fajita Foil Packs, Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs, and Lemon Herb Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs.
In my mind there are some foods that just go together. For example: French fries and ketchup. Oreos and peanut butter. Chips and salsa. Diet coke and cherry syrup. And of course, who could ever forget the best one of all: steak and potatoes.
While I’ve always been a fan of potatoes, whether mashed, or split open and piled with sour cream, cheese, and bacon, or deep fried and salted, I’m on board.
Steak was always a different story though. For years and years I believed that I didn’t like steak; I thought it was tough and flavorless. That all changed when, in my late teenage years, I ate at a Japanese restaurant and devoured a fillet mignon in about 2.7 seconds. All it took was one amazing steak, cooked the right way, to convince me that steak was actually pretty fantastic after all.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
GARLIC STEAK AND POTATO FOIL PACKS RECIPE
- 2–2 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes quartered (or halved if they are already less than 1 inch in size, see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme or parsley for topping (optional)
- In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and seasonings and toss to combine.
- Divide steak and potatoes between four 12×12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until steak and potatoes are cooked through OR bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness (see note).
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately.