Cowboy Cookies — These cowboy cookies are packed with oats, chocolate chips, Cornflakes, and shredded coconut. This is a flexible recipe that you can make with different mix-ins to suit whatever is in your pantry!
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
To make this easy cookie recipe, you’ll first need to cream together the egg, sugars, butter, and vanilla until well combined and slightly pale in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Keep mixing until just combined.
Gently fold in the coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans before scooping the cookies into balls and placing on a baking sheet. You’ll need to refrigerate the cookie dough for a minimum of 2 hours before baking.
Once in the oven, these cowboy cookies will need to bake for roughly 10 to 12 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready to come out of the oven when the edges are set. The tops may seem pale and glossy still, but remember that the residual heat inside the cookies will finish cooking them once they’re on your counter.
To Make this Cowboy Cookies Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In a very large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars, and combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies from rack to cool.