So I’m a little late to the game, but I’m officially obsessed with the show Scandal. Are you a Scandalite?
Sometimes it’s a relief to make up a dessert that takes about five minutes and some time in the fridge. This is definitely one of those desserts. Those five minutes of prep will be amply rewarded with the moans and sighs of pure pleasure when your family or guests dive face first into this incredible dessert salad.
When you’ve got just a few minutes to spare, this is definitely a dessert you should turn to. If you have loads of time on your hands, make this, and then go read a magazine or catch up on Real Housewives. Your choice. Just make this so you can thank me later 🙂
TOOLS USED FOR JUNK YARD SALAD
- Spatula to stir everything
- Glass bowl
- 21 oz can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Pineapple
HOW TO MAKE JUNK YARD SALAD
With these type of recipes, you don’t really need a recipe. Dump everything into a bowl. Then stir. If the recipe calls for pudding mix then it has to set in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. It’s that simple.
TIPS FOR JUNK YARD SALAD
- To make a Weight Watcher friendly Junk Yard Salad use sugar-free substitutes and fat-free ingredients.
- Add in any kind of chopped nuts on top.
- Make this salad a day ahead if you are going to take it to a party. Wrap it up in saran wrap really tight and keep it cool.
- Best served cold.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
This recipe was submitted in our church cookbook by my friend, Helen. Yummy! It is so good! Makes a good salad for any occasion.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can Eagle Brand milk
- 2 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 c. pecans1 (8 oz.) Cool WhiP
- Mix in order and refrigerate overnight