My Mom makes the best cinnamon buns. I don’t make cinnamon buns…I’ve been craving Mom’s cinnamon buns, but they’ve been away. So I had to improvise.
Enter Cinnamon Bun Cake, or as our two year old calls it, Cinabun Cake. A buttery brown sugar and cinnamon mixture is swirled into a white cake and topped with a glaze in this recipe for Cinnabon(R) roll cake. My Mom makes the best cinnamon buns.
I don’t make cinnamon buns…I’ve been craving Mom’s cinnamon buns, but they’ve been away. So I had to improvise. Enter Cinnamon Bun Cake, or as our two year old calls it, Cinabun Cake.
This cinnamon roll cake recipe is easily a favorite in my house. I actually thought I had shared the recipe for this cake a long time ago…turns out I didn’t.
You see when you bake as often as I do things get jumbled. Maybe it’s all the sugar? Nah…Anyhow, this is the world’s easiest cake. My kids even request it for their birthday cake which seems so weird to me…hello no buttercream…but we all know kids are weird.
Or maybe they aren’t…this cake is that good. This Cinnamon Roll Cake Is Simple And Takes Your Favorite Roll And Puts It In Cake Form. Swirled With Cinnamon, Butter And Brown Sugar And Topped With A Glaze, This Cake Is Sure To Be A New Favorite.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Cinna-bun Cake in the oven – This Recipe Is Like A Dream!
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan (buttered).
- Mix all of the base ingredients together, with the exception of the butter. Add the melted butter last, and then pour into your prepared pan,
- Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonful over the base, as evenly as you can over the entire base. Take a butter knife and swirl the topping into the base. Pop into the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze and set aside.
- Remove from oven and glaze the cake while still warm